Question: Would you please guide me as to what are the most important manners I need in educating my children? I am very concerned to make them good believers following the true Islam and serving the society. I want to be proud of them in this world and in the after world.
The answer: May Allah bless you for this high determination. I pray to Allah to make you successful in achieving your goal and it is not difficult for Him. However, this task has some conditions, such as the following:
1. You have to read about the details you will need in the religious books of education because they will open the doors for your ambition.
2. You have to consult with someone regarding the educational questions and cooperate with him in the tasks that require more than one person.
3. You should try to discover in your children their distinguished talents and then try to direct them in a way that pleases Allah the Almighty.
4. You have to always show your love to your children and regard their wills, and when your will conflicts with theirs, you have to discuss the matter leniently with them, determine the important and the more important things, and then agree with them on the best possible solution.
5. Smiles and cheerfulness have a great influence on man’s success and happiness. Try your best to plant these things in your children, and the best artist is he who wipes away a child’s tear to draw a smile and delight on his countenance.
FOR A BETTER FUTURE