Home / 2015 / September

Monthly Archives: September 2015

Indian police nabs six over fatal beating of Muslim

Police in India have detained six people over the death of a Muslim man severely beaten by purported Hindu extremists over rumors that his family had eaten beef. Mohammad Akhlaq, 50, was dragged out of his house on the suburbs of the Indian capital, New Delhi, and was assaulted by some 100 people on Monday night, a police officer said on Wednesday. “When our team reached the spot, a crowd ... Read More »

Saudi should ‘accept responsibility’, offer ‘apologies’ for Mina incident: FM spokeswoman

Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokeswoman urged the Saudi government to accept full responsibility for a last week’s crush of people in Mina that killed thousands of Hajj pilgrims, including hundreds of Iranians, saying Riyadh owes the Islamic countries an apology. Marziyeh Afkham on Tuesday once again blamed the tragic incident on Saudi Arabia’s “mismanagement and incompetence,” urging the Kingdom to stop shirking responsibility and shifting the blame onto others. She said ... Read More »

Senior cleric condemns Saudi regime for their neglect in Mina crush

Ayatollah Mohsen Araki, the head of Tqrib Global Association condemned the Saudis neglects in Mina event and asked the World Court and other international associations to investigate the case. Ayatollah Araki who was interviewing with the correspondent of the Center of Supervision on Mosques Affairs, stated his words in condemning Saudis. He said: “Saudis at least were charged to deliver drinking water to the wounded. Even no SOS helicopter were ... Read More »

Senegal Muslim scholars express condolence to Iranian families

A number of Senegal Muslim scholars and cultural figures have sent condolence messages over the death of Iranian Hajj pilgrims in Mina, near the holy city of Mecca. According to the Iranian Cultural Center in Senegal, Sheikh Muhammad Joop, director of Al-Huda Al-Mubin Educational Institute, Sheikh Ali Badr, the Friday prayers leader and imam of mosque in Kaolack region, and Sheikh Sharif Ambalo, director of Al Yasin Institute condoled the ... Read More »

Iran’s Foreign Ministry summons Saudi envoy for 4th time

Iran’s Foreign Ministry has summoned the Saudi charge d’affaires and warned him on any sort of delay in identification of missing people and transfer of victim’s bodies. At a meeting with Saudi charge d’affaires, Ali Chegini reviewed the legal, customary and religious responsibilities of Saudi authorities towards pilgrims and emphasized the need for Saudi Arabia to take responsibility for the disaster in Mina and to identify the victims of the ... Read More »

ISIS claims responsibility for killing Italian aid worker in Bangladesh

ISIS has claimed responsibility for fatally shooting an Italian aid worker in the Bangladesh of Dhaka on Monday. The group said in a statement that an allied security detachment in Dhaka has killed the Italian aid worker Cesare Tavella after tracking him. ISIS statement added that Tavella was shot with silenced weapons. The shooting took place in Dhaka’s diplomatic zone, where the victim was shot three times, police officials said. ... Read More »

Ayatollah Nouri Hamedani: Mina catastrophe defamed Al-Saud

Ayatollah Hossein Nouri Hamedani said on Wednesday that Mina catastrophe has defamed Al Saud regime, Wahabism and those claiming to be the custodians of holy shrines in Mecca. Al Saud regime has not revealed the exact number of casualties to save its face and only tried to lower the figures but the pressure exerted by world nations forced it to admit the deaths of 4,000 Haj pilgrims. Mina catastrophe brought ... Read More »